My cousin Eddie has just started his own blog with some of his very fine photographs.
Normally I’m not mad on memes, those pesky little things that go round blogs and seem to be the web equivalent of the supposedly funny jokes or pictures that used to get faxed from office to office. And I got tagged twice with this same meme, as Ariel tagged me at the FPI blog for it and Big Dumb Object tagged me here at the Woolamaloo, no fair! But since this particular meme was to do with blogging I decided I’d take part; I considered being lazy and just repeating the tip I added for the FPI blog – don’t be afraid to voice your own opinion, regardless if it flies in the face of many other opinions, as long as you can defend your reasons for it. But then I decided I’d go for another tip, a nice simple one, and add it to the previous ones on the list:
It’s very simple. When this is passed on to you, copy the whole thing, skim the list and put a * star beside those that you like. (Check out especially the * starred ones.)
Add the next number (1. 2. 3. 4. 5., etc.) and write your own blogging tip for other bloggers. Try to make your tip general.
After that, tag 10 other people. Link love some friends! Just think- if 10 people start this, the 10 people pass it onto another 10 people, you have 100 links already!
1. Look, read, and learn. ***** -http://www.neonscent.com
2. Be, EXCELLENT to each other. ****** -http://www.bushmackel.com
3. Don’t let money change ya! **** -http://www.therandomforest.info
4. Always reply to your comments. ***** -http://chattiekat.com
5. Link liberally — it keeps you and your friends afloat in the Sea of Technorati. ****
6. Don’t give up – persistance is fertile. *** -http://www.velcro-city.co.uk
7. Give link credit where credit is due.*** -http://www.sfsignal.com
8. Follow your own path. Do anything you want to, it’s your blog. **
9. Don’t put off until tomorrow what you can blog today. Backlogs are the primary cause of Bloggers’ Block. * -http://www.thegenrefiles.com
10. Don’t be afraid of giving an honest opinion when you post, even if it is different from most others, as long as you can explain your position and give a decent reason for it. http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/
11. Using some visual material can really make a post look more attractive – pictures, photographs, video embeds and so on, and also help break up larger posts, such as interviews and reviews to make them more readable instead of offering a huge chunk of unbroken text. Just bare in mind not to over-use pics and to keep them relevant to the article. And cute kitty pics are always popular http://www.woolamaloo.org.uk
After adding my tip I’m supposed to tag up to another ten victims to pass this on to, which since I already had to do this over on the FPI blog is pushing it a bit, but anyway, here are a few more potential victims: Padraig, Katie, Von and Moggy, Dan Goldman, Hal Duncan, the Silvereel.